Thursday, March 6, 2008

Junod Fishy Tri


This is my most recently bought board. Shapers dimensions written on the board are 6'2" 2 5/8" thick, 15" nose, 21", 15.5" tail. Used (as are most of my boards) and repaired well. It's supposed to replace my Haut quad (thus the similar dimensions) and give me a feel something slightly different. To my amature eye it seems to have more volume (width and thickness) further forward than the Haut quad. The tail stinger is deeper and there's only one. I've only taken it out once in bad waves so I can't say much about it except it felt like I needed more fin surface area. It has three stringers nearly touching at the nose with the outer ones going to the tips of the fish tail, and it's heavier than the Haut quad.
The Good!
Only cost me $300. Potential since I havn't ridden it much yet.
The Bad :(
Bigger than what I was looking for and I'm not sure about the tri-fin, although it's supposed to be ridden with two large outside fins (lager than what is on it now) and a small trailer. Nothing solid to report.
Let me know what you think.

No comments: