Thursday, December 10, 2020

I've said it before...

Every once in awhile I need a reminder that the best way to be disappointed is to build up my expectations. Luckily, this time the reminder was vicarious. JA shared a video of great waves with JZ and JB. (I got the message third hand.) Both JB and JZ made weekday surf travel plans to go get some of those waves. The end of day report back from both of them was that it wasn't as good as the video day (less than 24-hour earlier). They both seemed more bummed having surfed "not as good as expected" waves than I was having not surfed the "not as good as expected" waves. One difference, I didn't have any expectation of scoring. 

I was only bummed that when asked, neither of them had much story to tell. That was my expectation that was not met.

No comments: