Monday, September 23, 2019

Strike two!

Prior weekend I went to OBSF at the urging of a friend. I was told it had been good for the last few days. Even though the forecast warned that the wind would be onshore, I opted for the social option. The forecast was accurate and the surf was terrible.
This past weekend I returned to the spot I've been enjoying this summer. The bouy showed a south, 1.0'@18sec. I wasn't sure if that meant the waves would be bigger, and I hesitated to walk down the trail with my longboard. As it was, the longboard was the best choice. The mid-tide at dawn was hardly getting lower. That, combined with small waves made it nearly unsurfable. I chased and missed many, many small waves. I got a few decent ones, and I was mostly surfing alone, so I appreciate what it was. I also wish it was a little bit better. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

No comments: