Monday, July 25, 2011

Making space

I got the Wheelwright sold, I'm giving away the kneeboard, and I'm still trying to sell the Buttons. All this is an effort to clear out the closet a bit and refocus my surfing efforts to those boards I regularly ride, and add one to fill in a gap. If I'm going to continue to surf OB throughout the year, then I need to add a board that paddles better than my Pacheco, but still duck-dives well. And it should have a narrower tail while I'm at it. There are days out at OB that are big, but not scary big, just exciting big. I've tried the Haut2 but didn't have the paddle to stay in position, let alone get to the peak. I tried the Buttons is the same situation and had the same problem.
So, as I'm writting this I go over to the Hess blog to link a picture of a Noriega, which is a board I think would fit this gap, and here's what I find. "Monday, July 25, 2011Personal Noriega semi-gun For sale" WTF? It's kismet for sure! I already sent the "I'll take it!" email, let's hope that nobody already offered him for it, since it was first posted 5 hours ago.