Friday, October 16, 2009

Buttons Pipeliner

My new (used) Buttons Hawaii Pipeliner. According to the website: http://www.buttonshawaii.com/surfboards.asp.html
these are shaped by Owl Chapman. Now, I'm a bit jaded at this because ghost shapers are a big part of surfboard manufacturing. If anyone wants to tell me it wasn't shaped by Owl, I'm okay with that, since sometimes the ghost is having a better day than the name.
I haven't ridden it, but the plan is for it to be my bigger wave board. By my rough calculations it has more float than the Haut(s) do, but less than the Junod Daisy does. I hope I can get in early but still duckdive efficiently.
There are no numbers on the board so here is what I measure:
Length 6'7", Nose 13 1/2", Widepoint 20", Tail 12". I can't measure thickness, and the wide point is not the mid-point, as can be seen in the photos.
I hassled Prana over at 23breaths http://23breaths.blogspot.com/ to give me some info on the fin a very similar Brewer that he's got. It sounds like the fin that came with this board is appropriate for the style. This fin is 5 1/2" at the base with 7 1/4" of height.

No comments: