Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Downing-Hennessey

 Who?

Thickness is where? Behind the mid-point?
Not a gun, but tapered template.
Fin box allows for experimentation.
Some delam on the deck where hands go when making the drop will be filled with resin. A few other open dings will get proper treatment before getting it wet again. I picked up a glue-down leash loop so I don't have to glass one on before surfing the board at least once. 

Tangent. On the East Side of Santa Cruz I went to 4 of the 5 surf shops and only found one single glue-down leash loop. One! Are people not buying old boards anymore and trying to ride them? I know "too cool" surfers are still getting longboards without leash loops. When us normal people buy a cool guy's board, we need leashes!

I'm interested in this board because of how different it is from the Lightning Bolt style boards of this era. It has a relatively wide tail, and thickness behind the mid-point. It's similar to Bolt boards with the wide point forward and the domed deck to flat bottom making for hard, down rails. If it's fun to ride I'd love to put a pigment layer of resin over the whole board. Something white-grey similar to the modern Velzy pig I did repairs on a little more than a year ago.

No comments: