Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Took the plunge

Last weekend I ordered a replacement to the Haut Quad. The original one had developed a crack across the deck. I carefully repaired it, but it didn't hold, so I put it up in the rafters for safe keeping. I didn't want it in two pieces in case I ever wanted it cloned.

Well, last weekend I was driving by the Haut shop and saw what I thought was Doug's truck parked out front. I stopped in and was right, he was there. I asked him about the original board and he said he had all the info he needed in his computer, dimentions and such. So I went ahead and ordered one up.

All the dimentions will be the same, but I didn't pay extra for the fancy color job, or even the polish. Should come out to about $500-$600, and I hope it's as good as the first one.

2 comments:

Quiver said...

Self Comment Update

Doug's statement that he had all the info on his hard drive was false. Twice now he's called me to take another look at the board. So, he didn't have the needed info, but on the plus side he's being carefull and taking a second look at the board to get it right.

Quiver said...

The
Board
Is
READY!